Saturday 8 September 2012

Installing Idea In Ubuntu

Well I had to re-install my computer, I lost all my data, I was so disappointed but then I thought what rifiki said in the Lion King "The past does hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it or LEARN from it."

So, I thought I will install some bare minimum things I need in daily development and share all with you. Maybe some one gets some help and I feel happy :)

This is my sixth on the to-do list:

1) Go to the website here .
2) Download your edition Linux remenber :).
3) Open a terminal by Applications > Accessories > Terminal
or Alt + F2 , then type gnome-terminal, press enter.
4) Move the file from Downloads to ~/softwares.
5) Untar the file tar -xvmf ideaIU-11.1.3.tar.gz
6) Make a alias in .bashrc file.

alias idea11=~/softwares/idea-IU-117.798/bin/./idea.sh

7) Test it, type on a new terminal idea

idea11
8) Congratulations !!!! Happy Coding..

No comments:

Post a Comment