Saturday 8 September 2012

Installing Groovy on Ubuntu 11.04

Well I had to re-install my computer, I lost all my data, I was so disappointed but then I thought what rifiki said in the Lion King "The past does hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it or LEARN from it."

So, I thought I will install some bare minimum things I need in daily development and share all with you. Maybe some one gets some help and I feel happy :)

This is the fourth thing in my list.

1) Go to groovy wesite here.
2) Download the zip and the documentation as well (it does help).
3) Open a terminal by Applications > Accessories > Terminal
or Alt + F2 , then type gnome-terminal, press enter.
4) Unzip the folder, move it to some other location, I keep it in ~/softwares folder.
5) Add a new variable in .bashrc file
GROOVY_HOME=/home/nikhil/softwares/groovy-1.8.7
export GROOVY_HOME
PATH=$PATH:$GROOVY_HOME/bin
export PATH
6) Test it on a console, don't forget to open another terminal and type
     groovyConsole
7) Happy Testing Groovy Code.

Thanks . Keep Blogging !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment