Saturday 8 September 2012

Installing GRAILS on Ubuntu 11.04

Well I had to re-install my computer, I lost all my data, I was so disappointed but then I thought what rifiki said in the Lion King "The past does hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it or LEARN from it."

So, I thought I will install some bare minimum things I need in daily development and share all with you. Maybe some one gets some help and I feel happy :)

This is the fifth thing on my to-do list, so lets get started.

1) Download the appropriate zip folder from here .
2) Open a terminal by Applications > Accessories > Terminal
or Alt + F2 , then type gnome-terminal, press enter. 
3) Go to Downloads folder by cd ~/Downloads, unzip grails distribution, mine was 1.3.4 so, I did unzip grails-1.3.4
4) cp -r grails-1.3.4 ~/softwares/
5) Make a new variable in .bashrc file
6) GRAILS_HOME=~/softwares/grails-1.3.4
    export GRAILS_HOME
    PATH=$PATH:$GRAILS_HOME/bin
    export PATH
7) Test it
     grails
8) Congratulations !!

Thanks for reading. Keep Blogging !!






No comments:

Post a Comment